Recently, there has been instability in the banking sector of the Russian Federation, since the Central Bank is carrying out a “recovery” of the system, that is, identifying unreliable credit institutions and their liquidation or reorganization.
Information on the reliability of banks is necessary not only for the state system as a whole to create a favorable economic environment in the country, but also for individuals using a variety of banking products.
Bank reliability rating
To obtain such information, special ratings are compiled, on the basis of which it is possible to draw a conclusion about the reliability of a credit institution or its absence. It makes sense to pay attention to the top banks of Russia in terms of reliability in 2019, which is formed on the basis of the following indicators:
- the volume of net assets, that is, the real assets of the credit institution after deducting its financial liabilities;
- the dynamics of assets (their reduction or increase compared with retrospective data);
- liquidity and profitability of the entity, that is, the ability of the organization to meet its obligations and conduct profitable activities;
- the amount of funds accepted on deposits;
- the number of transactions in the interbank market.
The Central Bank takes into account all these indicators and is rating the reliability of banks. Accordingly, the higher the position of the bank in this list, the more reliable it is, and vice versa. If the credit organization occupies low positions in the rating or is not included in this list at all, this may indicate not only low reliability but also its possible bankruptcy and liquidation in the future.
Signs of possible bankruptcy
There are several indirect signs by which it is possible to recognize whether the bank faces bankruptcy in the future or not. As a rule, these include the following points:
- the duration of the subject in the banking sector of the economy;
- the entry of the bank into a large consolidated group;
- list of participants, shareholders and investors;
- participation of a credit institution in the deposit insurance system;
- availability of information on the organization’s inspections by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation.
As for the last point, information about the audit by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation may indicate its increased interest in this credit institution. Since it is the Central Bank that has the right to inspect and decide on bankruptcy and revocation of a license or reorganization of banks, it is necessary to focus on the conclusions drawn by this government agency.
List of banks on the verge of bankruptcy
The list of commercial and state banks of Russia in 2019 that are on the verge of bankruptcy does not exist, since the Central Bank of the Russian Federation does not disseminate such information. This moment is due to the fact that inspections are conducted not according to a previously approved plan, but according to the results of certain time periods when credit organizations are required to submit their financial (accounting) statements for review.
If the documentation raises any doubts or mistrust on the part of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation as an economic regulator, it shall appoint an additional check. Upon its completion, the results are determined, in accordance with which subsequent decisions are taken: the creation of an interim administration, issuing instructions to eliminate errors, revoking a license.
The absence of a specific list of unreliable banks complicates the decision-making on the part of an individual regarding the use of a banking product. In order not to get into an unpleasant situation, it is necessary to evaluate the reliability of a credit institution on several points, which include:
- place in the rating of reliable banks compiled by the Central Bank;
- the presence of positive / negative information about the credit institution in the media;
- reviews of individuals who have become customers of a particular bank;
- transparency and reliability of operations;
- analysis of information on property and liabilities of a credit institution.
By tacit opinion, banks that are on the verge of bankruptcy in 2019 include:
- Paspas loan ;
- NBSB ;