Just a few years ago, it was almost impossible to get a personal loan anywhere other than a bank or a credit union. In the digital age, however, the online loan has become much more common and offers many advantages.
You have to ask yourself: is it safe to borrow online? It is a fact that this modality offers many advantages, being able to be faster to obtain and less bureaucratic.
For anyone who is considering getting a personal loan online, it is important to understand that the process is completely safe if you follow some simple practices. Shall we go to them?
Liability of the creditor for the security of financial information
Keeping your personal and financial information secure should be one of your top priorities when working with any company, be it a bank, financial or an online store. Because information is transmitted through networks, it can be vulnerable to malicious attacks if the site owner has not used secure technology.
This technology includes adequate encryption of information so that, if the information is somehow intercepted, it will not allow any of your confidential data to be identified. Most reputable online loan companies use bank-level encryption to protect your personal information and provide perfectly secure ways to get a loan.
How to Keep Your Personal Data Safe When Applying for an Online Loan
As with any activity that involves your money, be it online or not, you should take some care when taking your loan online. Here is what they are:
- Choose a reputable online lender who has contact information listed on your site. Give a lender a call before entering your personal information if you are not sure that it is secure.
- Look for two simple signs that the information entered into a personal loan site is secured and encrypted. When you look at the site address at the top of your browser, it should say “https” instead of “http” at the beginning of the address. The “s” indicates that the site is secure. In addition, most browsers will also display an icon for a closed padlock, which also shows that the connection is secure and encrypted.
- Make sure that there are no people who can read information on your screen if you are applying for the loan in a public place. Sit at least a few feet away from other people and be aware of your surroundings. If possible, manage your personal finances at home so you can be sure that no one sees your information.
- Use a new password when setting up your login information with the online lender. The password must be at least 8 characters long, include both uppercase and lowercase letters and have at least two numbers. If you use a password that you do not use on other sites, you are less likely to have a widespread problem if one of your passwords is compromised in any way.
- If you print a copy of your loan application or other loan documentation, keep it in a safe place. If you later decide to throw away or recycle the paper, destroy it first so that your sensitive personal information can not be obtained by anyone else.
Serious companies like Jacob Marley have several technologies to ensure the safety of everyone from entry to the site to the end of the discharge of service.
- Certificate of security in the site, through the certificate “HTTPS”;
- Tokens to ensure the accuracy of some contact data;
- Technology that analyzes your data and crosses with external bases, guaranteeing the veracity of the data inserted in the form;
- Contact by phone to confirm some data (if necessary)
In general, online personal loans are very safe to obtain as long as you take some precautions and make sure the lender is safe. If your information is encrypted, it is
– so secure to transmit it online, as it is to give it to a banker in a physical location. Also, getting an online loan is much more convenient for you and your finances!